Marriage Visa

A UK Marriage Visa also known as a Spouse Visa, enables spouses of British Nationals or person present and settled in the UK on Indefinite Leave to Remain to apply for leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK. The same requirements applicable in case you have registered CIVIL PARTNERSHIP

We make the process of applying for UK Spouse/ Marriage Visas simple. Our caseworkers have expertise in this category for over 20 years. The service we provide is fast, efficient and affordable that’s why thousands of people look to us when applying for a Spouse/Marriage Visa. With us you face no hassle or hidden costs and just peace of mind and a quality service to every client.

If your partner has been refused before we help you to overturn the decision of the Entry Clearance Officer or the Secretary of State

Step 1 – Complete the online assessment form or Call us – This will allow us to assess your eligibility to make an application for a UK Spouse / Marriage Visa.

Step 2 – Pay a 50 % deposit of your fixed fee.

Step 3 – Let the Caseworkers take care of all the formalities immediately. Your allocated Expert will then be doing all the hard work for you, dealing with all the necessary paperwork and documentation to strengthen your marriage visa application.

Basic Requirements:

  • The following requirements need to be satisfied before applying for a UK Spouse or Marriage Visa:
  •  Both parties in the marriage have to be at least 18
  •  Parties must have met each other, be legally married to each other and plan to live together in the UK
  • You must have suitable accommodation available for you in the UK.
  •  If you intend on applying for a UK Marriage Visa you must be able to support your stay in the UK without recourse to public funds
  •  Meeting the income threshold of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement of a spouse/partner – Please note there is a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child.
  •  English Language requirement has been satisfied with level A1 course

Financial Requirement

The sponsors may meet the level of the financial requirement applicable to their application through employment, self employment, cash savings, director of a company, rental income, etc.

All the categories have separate set of documents which need to be submitted with the application based specified as to:

(a) the permitted sources of income/savings; and
(b) the time periods and permitted combinations of sources applicable to each
permitted source relied upon; and
(c) the evidence required for each permitted source relied upon.

Get help with your Marriage Visa Today FREE ASSESSMENT

Exceptions to Financial Requirement

If your sponsor is in receipt of any of the below then you are not required to meet the financial requirement

  • Carer’s Allowance.
  • Disability Living Allowance.
  • Severe Disablement Allowance.
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
  • Attendance Allowance.
  • Personal Independence Payment.

UK Spouse/Marriage Visa (Duration)

UK Spouse Visas are granted for an initial 27 months period and after this time you or your partner will need to apply for another extension and after completing 5 years in the UK you or your partner will apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (ILR) and British nationality.


  • The position is different for people applying for entry clearance as a partner and those applying for leave to remain as a partner “in-the UK”.
  • “In-country” applicants may qualify for a grant of leave despite not being able to meet some of the requirements, under the “EX.1” (Exception) paragraph of Appendix FM under Immigration Rules.  They have to show either that they are a partner of a British/settled person in the UK and that there are “insurmountable obstacles” i.e. “degree of difficulty”  to continue their family life outside the UK, or they have to show they are in a parental relationship with a child (under 18) who is British/settled/ OR has lived in the UK 7 years before the date of the application and that it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK. Further considerations are also given to Section 55 taking the best interests of the child.

Refusal of Marriage Visa:

A Marriage Visa  may be refused due to absence of documents or because the ECO or the Immigration officer was not satisfied that you met the requirements of the Immigration Rules.However after refusal you will be given 28 days to Appeal from outside UK and 10 working days inside the UK. For advise and help on your refusal contact our team of Experts on 0203 627 4777.

Indefinite Leave to Remain 

You can apply for ILR under this category based on the time when you were granted initial leave to remain or enter in the UK, please refer to the UK ILR tab on the left of this page or contact one of our advisers on 0203 627 4777