Lost BRP

If you’re in the UK

You must apply for  a replacement biometric residence permit (BRP):

  • within 3 months if it was lost, stolen or damaged while you were in the UK
  • within 1 month if you’re returning to the UK on a ‘replacement BRP visa’

You may be fined up to £1,000 and have your permission to stay removed if you don’t apply for a replacement in time.

How to apply

Imperial Visas can assist you to apply for BRP replacement.  We can make a postal application on your behalf or    apply in person at a premium service centre (only if you have leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain)

You MUST also have to apply for a replacement BRP if your personal details have changed.

If you’re outside the UK

You can’t apply for a new BRP until you’re back in the UK. Instead, you must apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’ which you can use once to re-enter the UK. Our Immigration Advisors can assist you in applying for a BRP replacement even.