The Tier 2 visa has become one of the most common entry routes into Great Britain, for skilled workers currently a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area, looking to live and work here. There are four different types of Tier 2 visas, of which two concern migrant workers; General and Intra Company Transfer. From April 2014 the Tier 2 Visa can be granted directly for a period of 2 years Imperial Visas are able to assist with ALL Tier 2 matters and can ensure it is handled at a reasonable cost. The basic conditions of the scheme are as follows:
- All employers are required to become part of the sponsors register and must be permitted to employ non-EU nationals.
- All employers are required to issue a certificate of sponsorship (COS).
- All job roles must be advertised, subject to conditions.
- All companies are required to make the sponsorship licence application.
- The application will then be assessed by the Home Office, granting a visa should the application meet all requirements.
- Individuals employed by the company must work exclusively for the company in the UK.
- Tier 2 visas can be granted for any period of time from 6 months up to 3 years.
Tier 2 Visa Eligibility
For a Tier 2 Visa it is via a points based assessment. The applicant is required to score a minimum of 30 points in sponsorship section. In addition the applicant must satisfy the English language and maintenance requirements. Sponsorship : The points awarded for sponsorship are as follows:
|If Job on shortage occupation list
|If Job has met labour market test
|If Switching from PSW programme
The qualifications show whether you will be suitable for a particular role or not, however you can claim 10 points for english language if your qualification is accepted on Home Office point based system calculator. Prospective Earnings : The following points are awarded for the prospective salary: The salary requirement in this category is dependent on the shortage occupation codes published by the UK Visa and Immigration, however you will not be awarded any points if your salary is below £20500.00 English Language Requirement In addition to the above 30 points, you must also satisfy the English language requirement. To do this you must meet one of the below criteria: Be a national of a English-speaking country. (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK and the USA) Have completed a degree qualification which is recognised by the UK NARIC Have completed an English language test. Maintenance All applicants are required to satisfy the maintenance requirement You have £900 in available funds, which have been in your bank account for last 90 days before the date of your application Your sponsor has confirmed your maintenance then you automatically score points for maintenance. The maintenance requirement is set to change from July 2014, please check with an adviser at Imperial Visas for further detail.
CATEGORIES OF TIER 2 VISA
Tier 2 Visa is divided into the following 4 categories:
- General – Those with a skilled job offer to occupy a position that cannot be filled from resident labour force.
- Intra-company transfer – Multi-national company employees who are transferred to UK based branch of their organization. The employees can either be transferred on a long term basis or be frequently sent on short visits. The Intra-Company Transfer is further sub categorised into to the following areas:
- Established Staff – Established employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred for a skilled job requirement that could not be occupied by a new employee from the resident labour workforce.
- Graduate Trainee – Recent graduates training at a multi-national company who are being transferred as part of a structured graduate training programme to the UK branch of the same organisation. This is to enable trainee progression towards a managerial or specialist position.
- Skills Transfer – New employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred to the UK branch of the same organisation to learn the skills and knowledge required for their role.
- Sportsperson – Elite sportspeople and coaches whose employment in UK will make a significant contribution to the sport’s development in the UK.
- Minister of Religion – Those coming to the UK to fill a vacancy as a Minister of Religion, missionary, or member of a religious order.
Candidates who wish to apply to work as a sportsperson or minister of religion cannot apply under Tier 2 General and Intra-Company Transfer categories.
TIER 2 VISA BENEFITS
- Potential route for settlement in the UK.
- According to current work permit system, tier 2 applicants may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or for permanent residence after living in the UK for 5 years.
- Candidates may be able to naturalize as a UK citizen.
TIER 2 VISA REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to have:
- A sponsor
- Valid sponsorship certificate
Candidates are required to score minimum of 30 points in the following assessment areas:
- English Proficiency
- Expected future earnings
- Financial self sufficiency